Δευτέρα 20 Φεβρουαρίου 2012

Who is Who

My name is Nikolas Konstantinou and im employee of Starwood Hotels Company. Im working for Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resorts Cyprus, as a Chef de Partie.

  • At 2001 I  Graduated from the 1st Technical School of Nicosia. Attended the school of hospitality (Chef).
  • At 2004 I Graduated from the Higher Polytechnic Institute of St. Petersburg. Attended the school of Foreign Language (Russian). 
  • At 2008 I Graduated from the School of Culinary Arts at Intercollege, Nicosia.
  • At 2009 I attended the Hospitality and Tourist Management  at University of Nicosia.
During my studies, at Intercollege and University of Nicosia and in recognition of my outstanding superior academic achievement they attaining me at the ‘’Dean’s Honour List’’ in the fall semester 2006, the fall semester 2007 and the spring semester 2007.
I also participated at the 4th Intercollege Annual Student Recognition Award Ceremony and awarded with the Cyprus Chef’s Association award for the ‘’Highest CPA 1st year student.

My work experience starts:
  • At 1998, at Hilton Cyprus and then at 1999 at Holiday Inn Nicosia as a trainee. Was my first step at the hospitality busines and was very helpful for my carrier.
  • Vrissiana Beach Hotel at Protaras, at 2000 was my real first job. i worked there as a cook C. As employment there i worked at butchery, garde-mange and main kitchen.
  • After i finish with my studies i worked for MUG Catering Services as a cook B, close to Executive Chef Christos Christodoulou, preparing and organizing gala dinners, buffed, plate and silver service functions. After few years, Chef Christodoulou promoted me for my excellent service as Sous Chef of Mug Catering services.
  • My next stop was at Louis Althea hotel as a kitchen supervisor, deal with buffed and a la carte menu. Was a great experience to work my management skills and i learn a lot about kitchen and staff management.
  • At 2007 i had a challenge. Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resorts come on my way. A 5 stars hotel probably the best in Cyprus and one of the best in Europe hired me for the kitchen team. Throw the years i improve myself and my skills. At 2010 i had a special training in France, as assistant chef de cuisine and from that time they promoted me until today as a head of department (chef de partie).
In addition to improve my knowledge and skills I have attended to gastronomy seminars and competition.
  • The year 2000 I attended  the "5th Cypriot Competition of young Chefs", and I was awarded a silver metal. 
  • During 2001 I participated  "3th Mediterranean contest of gastronomic Crete 2001" in categories "Junior Grand Prix" and "Live Technical Fish". I was also a participant  at the "6th Cypriot Professional Gastronomic Competition" were I was awarded a merit in category "Grand Prix" and "Presentation Technical Desert".
  • At 2005 I participated at the "Hygiene Practicum", "Introduction to HACCP system", "HACCP system and HACCP inspection system" seminar's. 
  • At 2006 I  participated the "Fish and Mead Processing", "First Aid and Allergy Free Cooking" seminars.
  • Additional to competitions during 2008 I  participated the "Gastronomic Culinary Competition" were I was  awarded a gold medal in category of  "College Grand Prix’". And at "The Montekristo Mediterranean Food & Drink Festival (Malta)"  I was awarded a bronze medal in category of ‘’Practical Team’’ and silver medal in category of ‘’Lamb Dish’’.
  • At 2008 I participated the "Outside Catering, Preparation & Service" and the "Cook Beyond Cooking" seminar, followed by attending the 2nd Annual Student Conference “Job Opportunities After Graduation”.
  • At 2009 I got my second "First Aid" seminar and I was trained for the AED (automated external defibrillation).
  • At 2010 I participated the "Mediterranean Culinary Competition Gastronomia" and I  awarded with gold medal in category of "Hotel restaurant" and silver medal in category "Fish Platter For 2", technique of gelatin.
  • At 2011 I also attend at "Starwood Orientation" program by participating at seminars "Understanding Success and Failures", "Communications is the key to Success" and "Handling Complaints". Also i was participated at the "El Bulli"  molecular gastronomy and mixology seminar by the world famous chef Najat Kanach.
  • At August 2011 Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort present me as the employee of the month.
  • At 2012 I had the opportunity to share my knowledge at molecular mixology with Nano Bar bartenders, and present them new technigues for a different, molecular bar creative's.
  • At 2012 I  participated the "Gastronomic Culinary Competition" were I was  awarded a gold medal in category of  "Grand Prix Challenge Cook & Serve" as a team capten.

Chef, Nikolas Konstantinou

1 σχόλιο:

  1. 2/19/2012 4:17:30 AM - christodoulos avraam
    bravo file mou!!!
    2/19/2012 1:43:51 PM - Chef Nikolas Konstantinou, djcooke@hotmail.com
    Kalosorises file m!! arese sou to blog? pe mou ti gnomi sou 8-)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή